Experience Wellington is the cultural heart of the capital.
We run six extraordinary visitor experiences for Wellington City Council: Capital E, Space Place at Carter Observatory, City Gallery Wellington, Nairn Street Cottage, Wellington Museum (including the Plimmer’s Ark display in the Old Bank Arcade) and the Cable Car Museum. We also support the operation of the New Zealand Cricket Museum and Hannah Playhouse, using our twenty years of experience to ensure that Wellington’s cultural assets thrive. Our business opens the doors to remarkable experiences that set Wellington apart
The Experience Wellington Executive Office
The Experience Wellington Executive Office provides strategic leadership, drawing upon the strengths, skills and experiences of our organisation to deliver our vision. Our role is to provide essential services like finance and HR support across the whole organisation and to ensure that Experience Wellington meets the standards required by a publically-funded organisation. We allocate resources, undertake research, coordinate improvement strategies, and provide policy development and strategic planning with the goal of making Experience Wellington a sector leader.
Our business opens the doors to remarkable experiences that set Wellington apart
Excellent experiences that Wellingtonians proudly share with the world
- Value our visitors; giving them excellent experiences that are safe, welcoming and accessible.
- Prize our staff, supporters and extraordinary assets.
- Lead in our fields: individually and as a collective.
- Use the power of our diverse group of institutions to make a difference to Wellington.
- Are agile. We respond to changes in our audience’s needs, stakeholder expectations and operating environment.
- Don’t stand still. We learn and improve together.
- Strive to grow a robust, sustainable business.