Experience Wellington Job Listing
Educator at Space Place – Museums Wellington
Experience Wellington is a registered charity established by Wellington City Council as a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) to manage and develop its cultural and arts visitor experiences. We run six extraordinary visitor experiences: Capital E, Space Place at Carter Observatory, City Gallery Wellington, Nairn Street Cottage, Wellington Museum and the Cable Car Museum. We also support the operation of the New Zealand Cricket Museum and Hannah Playhouse.
Are you excited by the idea of teaching young learners in a museum environment?
Museums Wellington is looking for a dynamic educator to join our Learning Team in a full time capacity to help provide curriculum-linked learning programmes that inspire, engage and challenge the school students that visit.
The Museum educator will be predominantly working as part of a team of educators at Museums Wellington site Space Place, devising and delivering meaningful education programmes for visiting schools and other groups from all over New Zealand.
Focused around science and space, this role enables you to have a positive impact on students’ learning outcomes as they learn through multimedia exhibits, interactive galleries, the historic Thomas Cooke telescope and our digital, full-dome planetarium.
A creative, supportive and energetic team, Museums Wellington educators share a passion for lifelong learning and liaise with teachers to develop and implement dynamic educational offerings consistent with one of the most-visited museum groups in Aotearoa.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Develop and deliver curriculum based memorable learning experiences appropriate for school aged visitors.
- Provide a curriculum that is science based.
- Interact positively with young people and communicate with creativity and confidence to ensure receiving consistently good feedback from teachers, students and education providers.
- Enjoy partaking in multiple projects simultaneously and working in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Have an understanding of Te Ao Maori and sound pronunciation of basic Te Reo Maori as a minimum level of competency.
- Museums Wellington celebrates diversity and community, and has a kaupapa of inclusion.
This is a permanent full-time full-year position, 40 hours a week.
Reports to the Senior Educator.
You will need to submit your CV, a cover letter and complete our online application form to apply.
For further information on the role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm on Wednesday 11 December 2019.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand