Experience Wellington Job Listing
Venues & Events Coordinator
Experience Wellington is a registered charity established by Wellington City Council as a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) to manage and develop its cultural and arts visitor experiences. We run six extraordinary visitor experiences: Capital E, Space Place at Carter Observatory, City Gallery Wellington, Nairn Street Cottage, Wellington Museum and the Cable Car Museum. We also support the operation of the New Zealand Cricket Museum and Hannah Playhouse.
The Venues & Events Coordinator is a commercially focused hospitality and tourism role and is an integral part of the Commercial Team. The Commercial Team provides leadership to drive revenues supporting Museums Wellington across commercial activities including retail, venue hire, food and beverage, events, memberships, admissions and tours.
The purpose of this position is to manage venue hire, commercial filming and commercial events across the Museums Wellington group, ensuring revenue targets are achieved and that we build a reputation for high quality event delivery.
Day to day responsibilities include:
- To manage Museums Wellington’s venue hire operations including sales (proactive and reactive) through to event delivery- ensuring seamless experiences across the museums. Provide excellence in client experience to ensure competitive product offering, client retention and events that are aligned with the Museum’s brand identity. Liaise with marketing/third party suppliers to deliver value.
- To ensure that accurate records are maintained, venue hire operations fully adhere to policies and procedures around financial reporting, and financial targets are achieved.
- Liaise with the Visitor & Retail Services team to ensure where appropriate staff are trained to assist in delivery of venue functions and events.
- Manage the bar operation for Museums Wellington ensuring full compliance with licensing requirements, with an objective to maximise efficiency, maximise revenues and facilitate new commercial opportunities.
- Participate in sales and marketing initiatives that drive new commercial event opportunities to the museums, repeat clients and support client relationship management
Key skills and experience required:
- A minimum of two years experience in an events delivery role
- Strong relationship management and communication skills
- Experience in the management of budgets
- Strong administrative skills, including Excel
- Energy, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- A current duty managers certificate is beneficial
- A clean police record and full driver’s licence is essential.
To view a full position description, please, go to our website http://experiencewellington.org.nz/work-with-us/
You will need to submit your CV, a cover letter and complete our online application form to apply.
If you have any questions please email: email@example.com
Applications close 5.00 pm Sunday 26th May 2019.