Experience Wellington Job Listing
Communications Manager – Kaiwhakahaere Whakapā
Experience Wellington provides the city with world-class museums, cutting-edge contemporary art, the region’s only publicly accessible space science experience, and the only facility in New Zealand dedicated to tamariki and their creativity. Its visitor experiences include:
- City Gallery Wellington
- Wellington Museum
- Space Place at Carter Observatory
- Capital E
- Nairn Street Cottage
- Cable Car Museum
The Communications Manager is key role and part of the business unit leadership team. This is an exciting, dynamic and complex work environment. Proactivity, flexibility, innovation, and collaboration are highly valued and critical for the success of the new business unit.
As well as being a great communicator and a strategic thinker, you’ll be leading two Digital and Communication Advisors. The purpose of the role is to drive awareness and engagement with key audiences and ensure our marketing and communications reflect our commitment to Te Ao Maori. Working in collaboration with the Marketing Manager, you’ll lead our team’s delivery of outstanding digital and communication engagements that enhance the reputation of the organisation and its unique experiences.
You’ll also lead the development of the organisational communications strategy and work plan, including social media, lead media relationships and partner with leaders to ensure internal stakeholders are informed of news, issues and direction and have mechanisms for providing feedback.
You’ll seek proactive opportunities to increase the profile of our experiences, tell Experience Wellington’s story and connect stakeholders with our vision, strategy and goals. To be successful in the role you’ll be:
- a great communicator who believes relationships are everything
- understanding of Te Ao Maori, and Te Reo Maori,
- confident in introducing and supporting tikanga and kaupapa Maori into our team
- a storyteller who has a nose for identifying our special stories
- proven with a track record in public relations, corporate communications, media, internal communications
- able to operate at a strategic level, and advise and influence senior management
- networked across Wellington and the wider region, particularly with media
- able to set up and lead teams of digital and communications professionals
If this sounds like you, then we would like to hear from you.
You will need to submit your CV, a cover letter and complete our online application form to apply.
For further information on the role please contact CarolynM@experiencewellington.org.nz
Applications close 5pm on Monday, 23 March 2020.
Only people with the legal right to work in New Zealand, or ability to gain a work visa, may apply for this position.