How are you responding to Covid-19?
The health and wellbeing of our visitors and staff is very important to us so we continue to follow the health, safety, and hygiene recommendations from the Ministry of Health at all our sites. All sites are open, apart from Nairn Street Cottage. We have increased our cleaning protocols and are providing hand sanitiser at all our sites for both visitors and the team.
What is contact tracing?
Contact tracing enables the Ministry of Health and District Health Boards to track down people who may have been exposed to Covid-19. Details provided for contact tracing will not be used for any other purpose.
All visitors are required to complete contract tracing upon entering via the NZ COVID Tracer app. If you do not have the app on your mobile phone you can provide your details on site, in writing.
What happens to my details when you collect them in writing?
At the end of each day the contact registry will be scanned and stored electronically at Experience Wellington and the paper version will be destroyed. Your details will be stored for 28 days. At the end of the 28 days your details will be destroyed. Details will only be shared, if required, with the Ministry of Health and District Health Board.
What if I’m feeling unwell, can I visit?
If you are feeling unwell, please stay at home. In the interests of protecting our visitors and staff, we reserve the right to ask any person who is obviously unwell to leave the premises.
Will you close again if the situation changes?
We are following the recommendations from the Ministry of Health and will continue to reassess our opening hours and experiences to ensure the safety of our visitors and team.
When will you start events bookings again?
Our teams are working hard at assessing what events, exhibitions, and experiences can be safely reinstated. Keep an eye on our websites and social media pages for updates.
Here’s what is happening across education:
- We are following Ministry advice around Covid-19 very carefully and are doing everything in our power to ensure you and your students feel safe and confident when you visit our premises
- Our RAMs have been updated to include Covid-19 procedures, download our up-to-date Level 2 RAMs
- It is expected that schools will keep a record of students who attend an education experience. Any accompanying adults needs to sign in vian an app or manual form for contact tracing purposes.
- There will be hand sanitiser available throughout your visit, and cleaning procedures will be followed throughout our education, public and office spaces.
- Any staff who are feeling unwell will be asked to stay home. Please do not allow any student or adult who is feeling unwell to visit our sites.
- For the safety of our staff and visitors we ask you and your students to please try to maintain a 1 metre distance from our staff at all times. Our staff will endeavour to do the same.
Where can I find information about Covid-19?
Visit covid19.govt.nz for further information.