Experience Wellington Job Listing
Visitor Service Team Member | Kaitiaki Manuhiri
Experience Wellington is a registered charity established by Wellington City Council as a Council Controlled Organisation (CCO) to manage and develop its cultural and arts visitor experiences.
Experience Wellington provides the city with world-class museums, cutting-edge contemporary art, the region’s only publicly accessible space science experience, and the only facility in New Zealand dedicated to tamariki and their creativity. Its visitor experiences include:
- City Gallery Wellington
- Wellington Museum
- Space Place at Carter Observatory
- Capital E
- Nairn Street Cottage
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic person to create an amazing experience for our visitors. You will assist with retail sales and administration, front of house duties, tours and other daily operations.
This Visitor Service Team Member role will be based at the Cable Car Museum or Wellington Museum and is Fixed-term Part-time for a minimum 16 hours per week, Monday to Sunday as rostered.
Our purpose is working with and for Wellington to create remarkable art, culture and science experiences that generate vitality, enriching the city we love.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A proven retail sales record, within a target driven sales environment and experience in retail administration and MS Office.
- The ability to demonstrate excellent visual merchandising and creative retail displays.
- Experience in the public speaking and confidence when working with children.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to adapt to change in a unique work environment.
To apply for this role you must:
- Be available for an immediate start
- The flexibility to work late nights, weekends and public holidays as rostered
- Between 20th December 2020 and 4th January 2021, approx. 40 hours per week
- From 5th January to 28 February 2021 shifts will be as rostered
You will need to submit your CV, a cover letter and complete our online application form to apply.
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sunday 29 November 2020.
All applicants must have the legal right to work in New Zealand